Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Splitting up my Imperial forces...



Having such a large imperial marine collection, I have decided to split some of it into a second chapter. Ultra Marines is my legion of choice, but I've been looking for something a little different. I have decided to create a smaller Imperial Fists force. I'll probably use the same approach I am with my Epidemius army. Keep it small (2000 pts) so I can have a static pick-up army for imperial forces. Besdies, yellow is a good challenge to paint and bright armies catch more eyes on the table top. It also dawned on me that my drop pod kits come with an abundant amount of Fist icons that can be used throughout the army.

The biggest road block here will be the painting approach. I could go with an airbrush like I am with my ultras. Blue is easier with an airbrish since it's a darker color and can be highlighted. Yellow is pretty much the opposite and will require more lowlights. Drybrushing is usually the prefered method to achieve lowlights. It's sort of difficult with yellow though...Grrr...

Being what I hope to be a static army, I wanted to go a little more fluffy over competitive. Having 20+ terminators available, a better reason to do imperial fists. I will be saving my CC termies for my ultras. I ran short of points to include the libby as my second HQ @ 1850. When writing the list, I was left with an odd amount of points left (40) with him in it. I didn't want to remove a dread since I feel that riflemen work best in pairs. Removing the libby allowed me to take a third troop choice and a spare landspeeder.

(1850)
Lysander

10 Terminators (Sarge+HF in the LR, Lysander and Cyclone on foot or deep strike)
Cyclone
Heavy Flamer
Dedicated LR Redeemer
Multi-Melta
Extra Armor

Dreadnought
x2 TL autocannons

Dreadnought
x2 TL autocannons

10 Tactical
Lascannon
Flamer
Power Weapon
Melta Bomb
Razorback
TL Lascannon

10 Tactical
Lascannon
Flamer
Power weapon
Melta Bomb
Razorback
TL Assault cannon

5 Scouts
5 Sniper Rifles
Camo Cloaks (had points to spare. Cloaks + Bolster defences gives them a 2+ cover for objective missions)

Land speeder
Multi-Melta

0 comments:

Post a Comment